The one thing that freaks me out the most is a blood transfusion.
Today I had my blood work done to check my counts and my white cell counts are good, my red cells on the other hand are very bad. I went from 9 and 28 to 8 and 26 which is a huge drop (so I am told, I have no idea!!). So I get the exciting experience of a blood transfusion tomorrow morning. I am not looking forward to this. This was the one thing that scared me the most. The thought of someone else's blood in my body freaks me out. I know they are safe and all, it is just the one thing that I was hoping to NOT have to do.
My nurse, Gloria, is great though. I am so thankful that I got her for my nurse.
On another note, it looks like surgery will be scheduled for the 3rd week in April!!! I can't believe we are scheduling surgery and that I have an appt with a plastic surgeon!! That means chemo is almost over!!! It seems like an eternity since I was diagnosed and now I am getting ready for the next step.
The transfusion went well today. I got a little sick tummy but that was it. I did tear up a bit when my nurse came in with the unit but she said this is a war and this is just what we have to do to fight this battle.
I love the consent you have to sign when you have a transfusion. We are not responsible if you get this or that disease from the transfusion!! LOL GREAT!
I should get stronger from this so that is good!
Hi Kerri,
ReplyDeleteDon't be scared I will be praying for you and I am sure there are more people praying as well. You are such a trooper through this whole ordeal I just love your attitude and outlook.
Here is a really cool visual...pretend it is Jesus' blood they are transfusing into you and I will pray that this cancer is wiped away.
You will get through this hang in there.
Praying and praying and oh yea great news about the surgery!!
<><
I love that visual!!! I will def use that!!! I am also putting my choir music on my phone so I can listen to some great music during the transfusion!
ReplyDeletePraying Kerri, I am praying for you!
ReplyDelete<><
I'm just seeing this...I had a blood transfusion last year due to being severely anemic (my Hg was 7.4!) I can't tell you how much BETTER I felt after! I could literally feel Life dripping into my veins...there is truly Life in the Blood! It never occurred to me to feel weirded out about it, lol...but I could see how you would. I was so sick I didn't care at that point, lol! I pray that you feel better too! You're doing great, girl!
ReplyDeleteHi Kerri,
ReplyDeleteI was just wondering how the blood transfusion went.
Still praying,
<><
Nurse Gloria sounds awesome. This is a battle you will win!!
ReplyDelete