GYN Onc. Appt

I saw the GYN Onc on Wed. We went in thinking that we were going to talk to the dr and plan for the surgery to remove my ovaries and possibly my uterus. Boy were we wrong!!! In a good way though.

Dr. Mayer is a great dr! He has an interesting sense of humor too!! We discussed all my options and he said that if I really wanted them out he would rearrange his schedule and take them out next week. I said no I am not ready to get them out next week!!

We decided that they will check me every 3 months to make sure everything is clean and if at any time I just want them out then he will do it. Keeping my ovaries until I am 40 will help my bone health and my heart health. With my strong family history of heart issues this is the best reason to keep the ovaries. As my aunt said "It would stink to beat cancer and die of a heart attack".  So they are staying put for another 5 1/2 yrs!

Next step is surgery next week on Thurs. I seem ok with it for now. We will see on Wed of next week how I feel!! Robert is having a hard time with it. I told him that I was going to be ok and that I would get to come home the next day. He seemed glad that I would be home the next day. I hope what I told him eases his fears. Poor kid.

On a totally different note, my BABY is 4 today!!!! I can't believe that it has been 4 years already!! I am so thankful for the blessing of each of my children. They drive me crazy but are worth every minute!! I am so so blessed!!

Elijah the day he was born:


Elijah at 4yrs old!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kerri,
    I am so glad to hear that you do not have to have your ovaries taken out. I have been praying and praying for you.

    Elijah is adorable both when a wee babe and now! Happy Birthday Elijah!

    I can imagine how your feelings go up and down but trust in Him. I will remember to focus more in prayer during Wednesday and Thursday next week.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete