Radiation and Reconstruction

I have made it through 8 treatments of radiation. I started turning pink on day 2 and I thought "Oh no, this isn't good!". I am staying lathered up and trying my best to not let it get too dried out. Only 25 more to go!!

I saw my plastic surgeon today. He is really nice. He said that my skin looks really really good so that made me feel better!! Avacado and Vit E cream is working well!! He also said that I may not have to wait a year for reconstruction!!! I was so surprised!!! And excited!!! I will see him at the end of Sept and he will evaluate me at that time. I will be in chemo again and we will see what my oncologist has to say about me having surgery during chemo. Not sure if that will fly as this chemo could knock down my white blood cells and I need as many of them as I can get to have surgery. We won't know until we are there, but I am excited that I may not have to wait until next Aug for reconstruction!!

I am so thankful for my good friend Rachel! She is walking the mall with me a couple times a week. I don't always want to do it but knowing that she will be there to walk with me makes me do it! I was told I can safely loose 1 lb a week so I am trying to eat better and walk. Hopefully eventually the walking will boost my energy but that is not the case thus far! Between my mom, OT, Cheryl O. and Rachel I will walk and get better and faster and will do great in Nov for the frostbite! I am so thankful for the support system that God has given me through this trial.

Ps. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there including my most wonderful husband, the best father in law I could ever ask for and my father, who I have been blessed to be able to get to know since this whole thing happened.

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic news!! Praying and praying for you often and hoping for reconstruction soon.

    Blessings and thanks so much for updating!!
    <><

    ReplyDelete