Monday we met with Dr. White the surgeon. He asked me what my thoughts were for surgery and agreed that it was a reasonable plan. The only thing he wasn't too fond of was the tissue expander as he said that there were some studies that showed that it really didn't work after having radiation so I am totally fine with having the other reconstruction surgery that doesn't include the expander.
He also gave us the number for a plastic surgeon. I can't believe that I am going to be seeing a plastic surgeon!! It sounds so uppity!! LOL It is amazing to think that we are already getting to that point were we have to start talking about all these things! Progress!!
I had my first taxol treatment yesterday. It went very well, I slept through most of it! I had a tiny amount of nausea last night and the compazine helped that. Today was pretty good too. My good friend took the kids all day when they weren't in school, so I had the whole day to sleep and rest. It was wonderful. I laid in bed all day!!!! I feel good but still very tired. I can handle that! I hope that each of the next 3 treatments go just as well.
I am so thankful for all of the friends that God has blessed me with. Each of you have been such a blessing to me through this trial, and I could never thank each of you enough. I am so very loved and blessed!!
I am so happy that you are feeling better! Praising God!
ReplyDeleteHang in there and this will be over before you know it.
Praying for strength, rest and proper decision making.
Blessings sister,
<><