One Year to go!

I had my radiation mapping on Wed. It was very odd when they made the mold. It was a warm pad that was put under me and as I laid there it got puffy and hotter!! It then cooled off and hardened! I then had a CT scan so the radiation oncologist can see everything front to back and keep track of where my scar is. I will have 23 treatments to the whole area and then 7 boost treatments to just the scar. I start up on Tues.

I also have begun my herceptin. My first treatment was yesterday. I don't feel any different so that is good. My port was acting up though so it took a while to actually get the meds! Plus the pharmacy was running behind. I was given tylenol and benadryl before the meds. By the time the meds came I was ready to sleep and I ended up sleeping through the whole treatment. This will be my routine every 3wks for the next year.

I am praying that in June 2012, I will be done all the treatments and all the scans will come back with "No Evidence of Disease"! NED is what my goal is.

Another positive is that I have started walking again and plan to stick to it. I have a few people that will be harassing me if I slack off too much!! Plus my occupational therapist said I have to do the 5k in November that I did last year! My goal is to beat my time of 59min and actually NOT come in last!!! I know I can do it. With God's help I will do it and I will overcome this trial!

3 comments:

  1. You go girl!!! When/where is the 5K?? I assume it is for breast cancer research/finding a cure. That's awesome. Somehow I missed that you even participated in that last year. Give me more info. Perhaps I'll join you!!

    Glad to hear things went smoothly for you this week. It was so great to see you on Memorial Day. You looked good! So keep on truckin'. Praying for and thinking of you often... {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 5k is right here in town! It is to help kids in need. I would love to be at a relay for life and do the survivor lap sometime. I would love for you to join me!!! Maybe we can get a group of us and get matching shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an odd sensation that must have been. I am so glad to hear that you are walking again, now that feels good.

    Praying for Kerrie!
    <><

    ReplyDelete