September 2012

All I can say is PRAISE THE LORD!!!

On Sept 6th (my late grandmother's birthday!) I had my last herceptin treatment. We were talking to the dr. and asked so when am I considered in remission and have the NED, no evidence of disease. She said I was in remission after this treatment and I have my NED!!!!! I am so excited to be done with treatments and on the other side of this very long trial.

I pray that I have learned what I needed to learn from this and that through this trial I would be able to help others who are faced with the words "You have Breast Cancer".

It has been a really long road, almost 2 years. There have been so many blessings that have come out of this. I am so blessed with all of the wonderful people that have supported me and seen me through this. God is so good. The one thing that has come out of this that I treasure the most is that I got my dad back.

I didn't have him around as a kid and always felt out of place and like something was missing. I have always wanted my dad around. When he heard I had cancer, he was there. He was there for my first mastectomy and he was here for my big reconstruction surgery. He has been here when I needed him the most and our relationship has taken off!! We talk every week now and are always making plans to see each other again. I can't even express how happy I am to have my dad back in my life.

I will still have to have more surgery for the reconstruction that was messed up from the infection, but that will be down the road a bit and should be a fairly easy surgery. I will be going back for check ups every 6wks for now. Eventually it will go to 3 months, 4 months, 6 months and eventually I will only have to go once a year, but that is a ways down the road!!

 Until then I will be LIVING my life and enjoying every minute I can. I am not just surviving now, I get to move past cancer and LIVE!!

I made a doll for my nurse as a thank you for all she has done and for being there for me in my darkest hours. She was amazing and surprised and couldn't believe that I made it for her. Gloria is an amazing nurse and she is a christian!! Here are a couple of pictures of her with her baby and her with me and the baby and then a close up of her sweet little Jaxon!!

  








2 comments:

  1. PRAISE GOD!!! NED!!! I am so, so happy for you!! You just can't imagine how much joy I am feeling right now. :)

    This is such great news, I feel I will burst. :) Really.

    Cancer is gone, and you have your dad back. I will be praying into this relationship, that it will grow, flourish and become something very beautiful.

    You made this doll? WOW! This is fantastic. Thank you for sharing this, you sure do have a talent here.

    Praying and praying for you often.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Yup I made him! I love making them. It is so much fun to watch vinyl come to life in your hands with paint!!

    God has blessed me greatly and I am so thankful for his mercy and grace!!

    ReplyDelete