After waiting all day I got a call from Dr. White. He said that the pathology confirmed that I do have a form of breast cancer and that it is in my lymph nodes. Knowing that it is in my nodes means that it isn't an early stage. We won't have all the details until the rest of the biopsy results come back which should be in the next couple of days.
I will be calling the center again tomorrow. Dr. White is going to get me in with the first oncologist that can see me. I also found out that I will have to have a CT scan before the insurance will authorize the PET scan. At least those are painless!!
We had a very exciting evening here too. (Rolls eyes) My children decided to scream at the top of their lungs while I was in the bedroom trying to talk to the dr. Apparently the neighbors heard the screaming and were concerned so they called the cops to make sure everything was ok!!! UGH!!! SERIOUSLY!!!
After the cops left the kids were so upset, but they behaved for the rest of the night!! Maybe this will be a lesson to them that they really need to not scream and actually listen to mommy!!
I then got to go out to a movie with my best friend. It was nice to get out for a little while and just forget about everything for a few hours.
I will keep this updated as I hear about the reports and what the oncologist has to say and when I will be starting treatment. It sounds like it is going to be very soon.
Oh Kerri. :( I don't even know what to say other than that I am praying for you and your family. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us, now I can pray more specifically! I know you must be going through so many emotions right now and I hope you are finding comfort in the Lord and in your wonderful friends and family. <3
ReplyDeleteI can't believe the neighbors called the cops!!!! Just what you need, right?
Please, let me know if there is anything I can ever do to help. I can watch the kids, drive you to appointments, get groceries, anything!!! I only live about 10 minutes from you.
With much love and lots of hugs,
Suzanne