The Long Haul

The past few days I have been feeling very discouraged about how LONG this treatment plan is going to be. I feel so yucky all the time and just want to feel normal again. Is there such a thing?? I have just started on this journey and I am already exhausted. I am resting when I can and eating to try to keep up my strength. I am weak all the time and right now my ears and chest feel all congested and I think I am trying to fight this nasty cold. This is not easy to do when all these chemicals are fighting my immune system.

I know God will give me the strength to get through all of this.

After a break from my computer I am now feeling a bit better. I have the best friends and family and HUBBY!!! The love and kindness is almost overwhelming at times. I am so thankful to God for each of you!

Tomorrow some wonderful ladies will be coming over to un-decorate the house and get things organized for us. It will feel so good to have things in their place and other stuff just gone! I am tired of the constant mess and clutter. My kids may not like it when they get home but I bet they won't even notice what is missing with all the new presents they just got!!

God only gives us what we can handle. Guess He is going to make me strong enough to handle this!!

5 comments:

  1. Kerri,
    Kimberly just left me a link to your blog and asked me to pray for you. I am honored to do so. God will carry you... As one who has traveled the cancer journey this past year, I can say He will although looking back I'm not sure I can give words as to how.

    My journey has been different but as I glanced through your story, I still cried tears of all the emotions we share. As for the waiting, I'm not sure I'm good at it yet but I am certainly "used" to expecting it!

    And the generosity and goodness of people, it never gets old. As much as I hate cancer, I feel blessed to be a part of my story. Weird, huh?

    We are trying to adjust to a "new normal" and even the blessedness of a "normal" routine feels anything but.

    Know you've got a bloggy friend praying for you and cheering you on this race!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerri, I hear you about this journey seeming so very long. I remember thinking and sharing the same thing. I started chemo April 2009 and ended the first week of November 2009. At some points, it seemed like it would NEVER end. Oh, but the many blessings that you will have to rehearse from this experience, and you will be looking at it from the other side of chemo. It's so hard in the meantime. It helped me to set my sights on smaller intervals and trying to really celebrate those (as best I could feeling weak and tired and beat up). (I'm a math girl, so breaking it down into percentages and/or thirds, depending on which sounded better, was helpful.
    I will pray that God will give you peace in persevering. For me, that certainly is "peace that passes understanding"!
    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there dear! I remember feeling like things dragged on and on too.... I also remember just lying in bed feeling so weak and sick that it was all I could do to pray and pray, litrally ceaselessly for hours and days at a time. He was with me and will stick close to you too!

    ReplyDelete